1/20/13

Choco Eclair Squishy-Inspired Charms

I love making  pastries and very realistic polymer clay charms so I really wanted to replicate the new Choco Eclair squishies.
They were actually pretty easy and super fun to make and experiment with.

These charms started out as plain, unshaded, textured pieces. I used light brown clay as a base color. To get the vibrant yellow and orange colors that the actual squishies, I had to use paint because chalk pastels would not do the job. After baking, I coated the french loaf and sesame bun charms with a light yellow paint. Afterwards, I darkened the yellow paint by adding a tiny bit of tan paint and coated the charms with that. Then I darkened certain spots for the "baked" effect. After the painted dried, I added the sesame seeds (made with translucent clay) with layers of gloss glaze. Finally, I coated the entire charm with about 3-5 layers of glaze to ensure the paint and sesame seeds stayed on.
For the donut, I just used chalk pastels for shading, but afterwards I realized I should have used paint because the colors were not vibrant enough. The "powder" was made with white acrylic paint and a ball point tool.

CLICK [HERE] TO WATCH THE VIDEO FOR DETAILS



No comments:

Post a Comment